Over half of all searches are done from a mobile phone. In fact, mobile search has grown an astounding 400% over the last year. The best part is that 1 in 3 mobile searches are local. And 59% of people visit the local store after searching it on the mobile web. Why? Because a mobile website enables customers to take action immediately.
Here are the 5 most important things that we consider when building a mobile site. Consider these tips for building a mobile website that works.
- Build a relevant mobile website; one with a focus and a purpose.
- Make your mobile website easy to use with obvious ways to take action.
- Build a user experience that is useful and unique to mobile. Your mobile website shouldn't be an exact copy of your desktop website.
- Look at how your customers interact with your mobile website and adapt based on their experiences.
- Make your mobile website part of your marketing plan.